Friday, April 9, 2010

Tears in a Bottle

If I could catch your tears
I’d bottle them up
Save them for a Sunny day
When it’s not quite rainy enough

I’d sprinkle them on me
A little bit at a time
And be washed in your heartache
Just enough to remind


Me, that you’re hurtin, just like I do
Hope like rain, on a sunny day
That a rainbow shines through
You, must be wonderin, when your time is due
Let me carry your tears away
In a bottle, for you

If I could grab each drop
That falls from your face
I’d lock them up inside my heart
Where they’re sure to be safe
I’d sip on them slowly
From time to time
So I can taste your heartbreak
Just enough to remind

Me, that you’re hurtin, just like I do
Hope like rain, on a sunny day
That a rainbow shines through
You, must be wonderin, when your time is due
Let me carry your tears away
In a bottle, for you

No comments:

Post a Comment