As far back as I can remember, I have been obsessed with what is now commonly known as "Pop Culture." Movies, music, television, gadgets, fashion, toys, etc. It all makes me dizzy with excitement from time to time. While I must admit that I am mostly a "rock & Roll" junkie, I also have a massive love for American history and culture from the 1950's until the early '90's. (Sorry-I slept through most of boring '90's and well, pop culturally speaking, pretty much have been ever since.)To say I'm nostalgic would only be partly true. I wasn't around in the fifties and don't even remember the sixties which may be why I love the seventies and eighties the most but still, I have a sweet spot for a lot of things pre-1970 as well.
So what will you find here? Well for one, a lot of reminiscing, some historical facts, fun videos, commentary on events, etc. You will also find me going on about a ton of pop cultural topics as I remember them from my childhood.
Like just about every other kid born in the mid to late sixties, I have fond memories of 1970's Saturday morning television, going to the weekend movie matinee, and listening to hits on my transistor radio while cruising around on my banana seat bicycle. But that was just the kid years. I'll definitely ramble on about my teen times in the early nineties particularly about MTV, hair metal, video games, and cruising.
So I hope you'll join me from time to time as I "re-live" my "pop" past!
Stoney
No comments:
Post a Comment